Urbanization has compelled people to live in small apartments and small living rooms. But, living in a small bedroom is not problematic if you know how to arrange furniture in a small living room. I am providing you some tips and ways to arrange furniture in a small living room in this write-up.
How to Arrange Furniture in a Small Living Room
Here are some points to keep in mind to know How to Arrange Furniture in a Small Living Room:
- First of all, select the focal point of your room. It will be the center of attention in your room. Thus, you will start arranging your room from this point. It can be any window, TV, or fireplace, etc.
- Measure the total space of your bedroom, along with the length of the ceiling, windows, and doors. It will allow you to estimate the area that a piece of furniture may cover.
- Use tricks to make your room artificially large and open. For this purpose, you can use a mirror or tall ceiling curtains. They will also give an artistic look to your bedroom.
- Pick the furniture wisely. Do not go for large-size sofas and beds. Instead, you can choose sleeper sofas to accommodate more people in less space whenever needed. Moreover, go for wall-mounted TV stands or corner TV units to save space.
- Avoid placing furniture in walkways or front of doors.
- Choose the pieces of furniture that offer multiple purposes. For example, a TV stand or sleeper sofa with storage. They will perform dual functions.
- Do not keep unnecessary stuff in your living room. Keep the things simple.
- Avoid placing the furniture in front of the fireplace. It will prevent the heat from keeping the room warm. However, if you do not have any other option, you must keep 15 cm between furniture and fireplace.
Two Ways to Arrange Furniture in a Small Living Room
Living rooms can be in different shapes- square, rectangular, or horizontal, etc. You have to arrange the furniture accordingly to avoid any inconvenience. Here, I am going to provide a guide for the two most common room shapes.21 most purchased Best living room chairs for back pain sufferers, bad back, lower back, and neck pain.
1. Furniture Arrangement for Square Shaped Living Room
Are you thinking about how to arrange furniture in a square-shaped small living room? Here is the answer. You can go for a corner sofa and armchair. It helps you to cover less space by providing more sitting areas if you have a big family. 5 ways how to arrange living room furniture.In this way, everyone can easily reach the coffee table, which is essential if you enjoy having a coffee or tea with your family in the living room.
Moreover, place a large mirror or other reflective surfaces opposite the window to reflect the sunlight in the room. As a result, your room will get brighter and give an illusion of a large family room.
Additionally, put your TV on the left or right side of the window. Do not place it opposite or in front of the window. In this way, you can enjoy a great furniture arrangement in your small living area.
2. Furniture Arrangement in a Rectangular Shaped Small Living Room
Setting furniture in a rectangular-shaped living room is easier as compared to the square ones. It is because you can create more visual partitions in it. Interestingly, you can place the furniture like the sofa and chairs horizontally. Consequently, it will give a broader look to your living area.
In the corner of the room, you can set a bookshelf. In another corner, you can keep some artificial plants. It will give a floral and modern look to your bedroom.
Apart from it, a wall-mounted TV unit can be placed in front of the sofa. However, a TV unit with a bookshelf and storage can serve you better as it will end the need for a corner bookshelf and provide storage space to keep so much stuff.
In this piece of blog, we have given you a comprehensive answer to a common question, “how to arrange furniture in a small living room?” We hope we have solved your query. Some tips are also mentioned above to make the process much easier for you. You can also give your precious suggestions in the comment section. THANKS!